Hi,

I have already asked about that but I'm back once again :)

The way I use matplotlib may be a corner case:
I'm often looking at large (4k x 4k) images and I do want to see the
pixels values moving the mouse over the display.
imshow does a great job but all the backend only display "x= y=".
I would love to see "x= y= Z=" (or "value="...call it the way you want ;))

What is the best way to do that?
imshow is great because there is nothing to connect to see x and y
values on the backend.
I need to code something as simple as imshow to get also the pixel values.

Is there really on way to get that as a new option in imshow? at least
in one of the backend (as a starting point)

Best Regards,
Xavier