On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Jae-Joon Lee <lee.j.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think your approach will work in general.
> When you move an axes from one figure to the other, you have to update
> the transform attributes of all the artists, which, I think, could be
> tricky to do for general cases.

I agree that this would be difficult with the existing code base, but
it would be something that is nice to support.  Perhaps we can think
about adding support for a fig.move_axes_to(otherfig) method that
reconnects all the wiring.  We would of course have to be very careful
about all the child artists, but this would be a good thing to get
right.

JDH