Hello.  Through accident, I found that running the following script will freeze
the computer.  On my computer, the mouse still worked, but everything else
still froze.  I have minimalized the code and attached the script for your
convienence:

import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('TkAgg')
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import Tkinter
from matplotlib.backends.backend_tkagg import FigureCanvasTkAgg,
NavigationToolbar2TkAgg
from matplotlib.figure import Figure
class simpleapp_tk(Tkinter.Tk):#initialize
    def __init__(self,parent):
        Tkinter.Tk.__init__(self,parent)
        self.grid()
        self.figure = Figure(figsize=(5,4), dpi=100)
        canvas = FigureCanvasTkAgg(self.figure, master=self)
        canvas.show()
        canvas.get_tk_widget().grid(row=0,column=0)
        toolbar = NavigationToolbar2TkAgg( canvas, self )

if __name__ == "__main__":
    app = simpleapp_tk(None)
    app.title('Freezing computer...')
    app.mainloop()

I am running this on linux, YYY is my computer's name (confidential)
x...@yyy:~$ uname -a
Linux YYY 2.6.32-22-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jun 3 22:02:19 UTC 2010 i686
GNU/Linux

I obtained my version from the linux repositories.

Mail me back if you fixed this bug or have any questions at ejg_...@yahoo.com.