On 07/26/2010 08:18 PM, Timothy Vickery wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to matplotlib, and I would like to create a typical plot of a
timecourse (markers connected by lines), with the markers varying in
size and/or style according to a separate set of data that corresponds
to each timepoint. However, my understanding is that plot() will not
accept an array of marker sizes, only a single float value that is
applied to all markers. On the other hand, scatter() does allow
variably-sized markers (as in the scatter_demo2.py example). However,
there does not seem to be a straightforward way to add lines to this
plot connecting markers in sequence. Can anyone recommend a work-around
to this issue, or point out if I've missed something in the documentation?

Thanks,
Tim

You could use plot and scatter on the same plot. See the attached example.

#-------------------------------------------

import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

N = 100