On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Eric Firing <efir...@hawaii.edu> wrote:
> On 07/27/2010 09:43 AM, Mathew Yeates wrote:
>> I tried
>> xs=[0,0,8,8]
>> ys=[0,8,8,0]
>> verts=zip(xs,ys)
>> poly = PolyCollection([verts])
>>
>> already but it doesn't work
>
> Yes, I saw you say that, but---did you actually try running the script I
> attached?
>
> Please run it from the command line ("python pctest.py"), and if it
> fails, send the traceback.

The reason Eric suggests running it from the command line is because
if you are running a persistent python session with a current
figure/axes, the old, bad collection may still be residing in your
axes.  Running from the command line will insure a clean environment.
To test whether this explanation is correct, run plt.close('all')
before rerunning your code.  But do take Eric's suggestion to run from
the shell and post output.