On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 4:14 AM, Guy Griffiths
<guy.griffi...@reading.ac.uk>wrote:

> On Friday 12 Nov 2010 15:20:43 Ryan May wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> wrote:
> > > On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Guy Griffiths
> > > <guy.griffi...@reading.ac.uk>

> and

> by
> there.
> are

> gridlines),
> option

> > > Guy, I have noticed something similar a few months ago with pcolor, but
> > > am not certain if it is the same problem as yours.  First, which
> backend
> > > are you using?  Second, are you seeing the grid lines in both the
> figure
> > > window and the saved output?  Also, what format are you saving your
> > > output to? Lastly, which pcolor function are you using (pcolor(),
> > > pcolormesh(), pcolorfast())?
> > >
> > > If you could include a screenshot or the saved file, I could see if it
> is
> > > similar to my problem.
> >
> > Yeah, I had noticed a problem with pcolor too. You can see the problem
> > I've been seeing here:
> >

> http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/pylab_examples/pcolor_demo.html
> >
> > Calling pcolor with antialiased=False removes the lines, but that's
> > just a workaround, not a solution.  I'm not really sure where to start
> > to track this down, so if anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears.
> >
> > Ryan
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the help.  The problem I'm seeing is as Ryan describes (same
> effect
> as in the screenshot, but let me know if you still want me to provide an
> example), and appears in both the figure window and saved output (at least
> png
> and pdf).  The backend I am using is Qt/Agg.  I was using pcolor(), but it
> appears that pcolormesh() doesn't (always) have this problem.  Setting
> antialiased=False removes some of the problems.  In summary:
>
> pcolor(), antialiased=True - lines on screen, png, pdf
> pcolor(), antialiased=False - lines on pdf, fine on png/screen
> pcolormesh() - lines on pdf, fine on png/screen
>
> Regards,
>
> Guy

Guy,

I found my old bug report on this visual artifact.  Oddly enough, the
problem for me was with pcolormesh, not with pcolor.  There is a script
attached to the report that tests 4 combinations of function calls and
rasterized=True.  Could you see how it turns out for you?

Thanks,
Ben Root