Hello everybody !!!

When adding some text to a plot, is there a way to know the actual
size of the letters as they appear, in such a way that I could, for
instance, draw a circle around a 'A', so that the A perfectly fits
inside ("the smallest circle containing the letter"), regardless of
the actual size of the picture I'm drawing ?

Pray excuse me if my question has an obvious answer... I am working on
Sage's library (http://www.sagemath.org/) which uses Matplotlib...
This code is not very clear to me, not to mention it is my first
contact with Matplotlib... Thank you for your extreme patience :-)

Nathann