Hi,

When I make a scatter plot where the y-axis is logarithmic I expected that
points where the logarithm is not defined (0 and negative values) are
skipped (as for the plot function). But it seems that the scatter plot
assignes a value of 1e-1. So in that respect plot(x,1) and scatter (x,y)
behave differently. Is that intended or a bug? If intended, can I set the
value different than 1e-1?

For illustration I've attached a python script that shows the different
behaviour.

- Marcel

BTW: I'm using Matplotlib 0.99.1.1
http://old.nabble.com/file/p31289230/scatter_plot_bug.py scatter_plot_bug.py