On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Mathew Yeates <mat.yea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is how to do it
>    display=mainwindow.get_display()
>    screen = gtk.gdk.Display.get_default_screen(display)
>    x,y=mainwindow.get_pointer()
>    s,x,y,m = display.get_pointer()
>    gtk.gdk.Display.warp_pointer(display, screen,x+1,y)

Ok, glad that works for you.  For reference, the email I was referring to is
here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/matplotlib-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08321.html

The toolkit offers a bunch of other tools for scripting out interaction, in
case anybody cares about that sort of thing. (actually, might be a good idea
to consider adding stuff like that to the testing suite...)

Ben Root