On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Eric Firing <efir...@hawaii.edu> wrote:

> On 02/21/2012 05:10 AM, Yannick Copin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after iterating with Michael A. Rawlins over my previous attempt to code
> > a Taylor diagram (see [1]), here's a new version of my code, along with
> > an example plot. Maybe it could make its way into the gallery as an
> > example of Floating Axes and Grid Finder (even though I'm not sure the
> > code is particularly exemplary, comments are welcome).
> >
> > BTW, is there a plan to "organize" the Matplotlib gallery into a more
> > structured list of examples, e.g. with sections "Basics", "Subplots",
> > "Axes", "Projections", "3D", "Advanced", etc. I'm getting lost sometimes
> > with all those pretty graphics on a single page: although it makes its
> > point at proving matplotlib is a *very* good library, this might not be
> > very pedagogical for newbies.
>
> Such a reorganization (ideally with some pruning and editing) has been
> an obvious need for a long time, but I am not aware of any plan to do
> it. So far, no one has volunteered.
>
> Eric

Yes, I have been fiddling around with a few ideas, but nothing has
materialized yet.  I suspect it would involve some sort of category tagging
of each example and a reworked sphinx extension to group the examples by
the tags.

Yannick, that is a nice eye-catching diagram.  I will see about getting it
included into the gallery.

Cheers!
Ben Root