I've run into a large memory leak using Matplotlib with PySide and the
Qt4 back end.  I'm using :

Python 3.2
Numpy 1.6.2
Pyside 1.1.1 (qt474)
Matplotlib 1.2 (first the Capetown Group port to Python 3, then 1.2 RC2)

on Windows XP 32 bit

I've tried using the Python 2.7 branch of all of the above and don't see
the problem.  I don't see the problem with the Tk back end.  I don't see
the problem with the Qt4 back end and PyQt4.  Only with the above
mentioned versions and using the Qt4 back end with PySide.

The following script will reproduce the problem :

--------------------
import matplotlib

matplotlib.use('Qt4Agg')
matplotlib.rcParams['backend.qt4']='PySide'

import pylab

arrayX = []
arrayY = []
for nIndex in range(0, 100):
    arrayX.append(nIndex)
    arrayY.append(nIndex)

Figure = matplotlib.pyplot.figure(1)
Axes = Figure.add_axes([ 0.05, 0.05, 0.95, 0.95])

Axes.plot(arrayX,
          arrayY,
          color      = "blue",
          marker     = "o",
          markersize = 5.0)

Axes.set_xlim(arrayX[0], arrayX[len(arrayX) - 1])
Axes.set_ylim(arrayY[0], arrayY[len(arrayY) - 1])

matplotlib.pyplot.show()

I run the above, grab the lower right sizing handle on the plot window
and start resizing the window.  Watching the python process in task
manager, each resize leaks a noticeable amount of memory.  A few minutes
of this will get process memory up to ~2.5 GB.  At that point it
crashes.

I'm new here, am I in the right place?