import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

def draw_fig(arr, fn):
    fig = plt.figure()
    ax = fig.add_subplot(111)
    ax.contourf(arr)
    plt.savefig(fn)

if __name__ == '__main__':
        for i in range(10):
                draw_fig(np.random.random((10, 10)), 'fig_%02d.png' % i)

memory usage grows with every loop, so I can't plot this way many sequences.

I know there is animation class in Matplotlib, but this way is easier to me,
and I think I miss something fundamental because this is happening. How can I
avoid memory leak using this approach?

Thanks