William Ray Wing wrote
> On Jul 1, 2013, at 1:42 PM, psb1967 <

> psb67@

> > wrote:
>

> Suresh,  I think the most likely reason no one has answered is that the
> intersection of the set of matplotlib experts and the set of people who
> know what Bollinger bands are is too close to zero.  I'm a beginner at
> matplotlib, but I do know what Bollinger bands are, and I'd suggest your
> best approach is to take a look at the matplotlib demo gallery here:
>
> http://matplotlib.org/examples
>
> in particular, study the code for the fifth example from the top here:
> http://matplotlib.org/examples/pylab_examples/plotfile_demo.html
>
> which implements a plot of Open, High. Low, and Closing prices.  I'm
> assuming you know enough math to implement a Bollinger band version of a
> moving average, and can just substitute it for the code that plots the
> extra lines on the example.
>
> Good luck,
> Bill

Hi Bill,

I am truly overwhelmed to see the kind of efforts taken to guide when one
requires guidance, esp. the fresh programmers. One of the things that I
learned when no one responds with a specific answer but shown the direction
is that I am given an opportunity to learn and work  by myself. I really
appreciate your time and will start working on the example you have cited.

In fact, I did get a complete Bollinger bands script however, I will start
working on the line you have shown; it may open up new avenues.

Regards.

Suresh