On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Jerzy Karczmarczuk <
jerzy.karczmarc...@unicaen.fr> wrote:

> Shakhti Kannan tries to multiply a list by a float, and Python disagrees.

Where does he multiply a list by a float? The traceback shows the
multiplication happening much further down in the draw stack.

> Le 28/09/2015 17:43, Benjamin Root comments :
> > Could you file a bug report? This is going to need some investigating.
>
> ==
>
> I suspect that it can be solved without Hercule Poirot.
> Convert *at the beginning* your lists x,y,z into np.arrays.
> (also: append  ==>  concatenate)

That shouldn't matter. ax.plot() accepts lists as valid inputs and it
should be converting them into numpy arrays under the hood. Indeed, if one
takes out the animation creation, the code works just fine. Adding new
plots(), while inefficient, shouldn't cause this problem.

Ben Root