Dear all matplotlib users,

I have a user case that, let's say I have three series data: x,y,z.
I would like to make a scatter plot using (x,y) as coordinates and z as the
color of scatter points, using cmap keyword of plt.scatter. However, I
would like to highlight some specific point by using a different marker (or
marker size) than other points.

​A minimum example is like below:
x,y,z = np.random.randn(3,10)
plt.scatter(x,y,c=z,cmap=matplotlib.cm.jet)
plt.colorbar()​

​If I want to use a different marker or marker size for (x[5],y[5],z[5]),
how could I do that?
The only way I can think of is to plot again for this point using
plt.scatter([x[5],y[5]) but define the color by manually finding the
colormap ​color corresponding to z[5]. However this is quite tedious. Is
there a better way?

​Thanks a lot for any help,

Regards,
Chao​