Hi Karen,

I presume you're running this on a Mac? What version of the OS are you
running, and have you adjusted the security settings to allow unsigned
applications to run? Mauve 2.3.1 was released before OS X became stingy
about requiring apps to be cryptographically signed. You might try the
current Mauve 2.4.0 snapshot, which is signed, and solves some other
issues too:
http://darlinglab.org/mauve/snapshots/2015/2015-02-25/MacOS/Mauve-snapshot_2015-02-25.dmg

Also, the Mauve website has migrated here:
http://darlinglab.org/mauve/
but google search results haven't really registered this change yet and
we're still in the process of setting up a redirect from the previous
site, which has been in administrative limbo since a server failure late
last year.

Best,
-Aaron

On Tue, 2015-03-24 at 13:35 +1100, Cox K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve just downloaded MAUVE to align some assemblies created in MaSuRCA but I
> keep getting the following error: -
>
> Error running aligner.
> java.io.IOException: Cannot run program: “Volumes/Mauve
> 2.3.1/mauve.app/Contents/MacOS/progressiveMauve”: error=8, Bad CPU type in
> executable
>
> Has anyone else had this issue? Or more importantly has anyone else found out
> how to get over it?
>
> I also downloaded 2 genomes from genbank to make sure it wasn’t my assembly
> files but they also threw the same error?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Karen Cox
> Integrated PhD Student
>
> Mobile: +61 452 483040
> (Sydney)
>
> Group address: Infectious Disease Epidemiology Group, University of
> Southampton
> Mailpoint 814, Level C, Sir Henry Wellcome Laboratories, South Block,
> University Hospital Southampton Foundation NHS Trust
> Southampton SO16 6YD, UK

Aaron E. Darling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, ithree institute
University of Technology Sydney
Australia

http://darlinglab.org
twitter: @koadman

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the
University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.