Hi Abria, see below...

On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 17:00 +0000, Abria Magee wrote:
> I ran mauve on windows to generate an alignment of about 20 genomes. I
> used that alignment on the Linux machine to stripSubsetLCBs. I
> received the following error:
> Storing raw sequence at /tmp/rawseq7173.000
> 'boost::exception_detail::clone_impl<boost::exception_detail::error_info_injector<std::ios_base::failure>
>  >'
>   what():  failed mapping file: Cannot allocate memory
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> I ran the following command:
> /home/Analysis_Tools/mauve_snapshot_2015-02-13/linux-x64/progressi
> veMauve /home/ahaynes/MRPAClonalFrame/stripSubsetLCBs
> /home/ahaynes/MRPAClonalFrame/MRPA_Alignment_mauve
> /home/ahaynes/MRPAClonalFrame/MRPA_Alignment_mauve.bbcols core_alignmen
> t.xmfa 500
>

> Could you help me get this working please? Thanks!

The software is trying to store temporary files in the system's /tmp
directory. Can you check that the directory is writeable and the disk
partition is not full? Note that you should be able to redirect the
temporary storage used by the mauve command-line software by setting the
TMPDIR environment variable, e.g. in bash:
mkdir $HOME/tmp
export TMPDIR=$HOME/tmp

Best,
-Aaron

--
Aaron E. Darling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, ithree institute

http://darlinglab.org
twitter: @koadman

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the
University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.