An XML structure is *definitely* preferable; I've written both
yacc-based and recursive descent parsers before, and it's waaaay
overkill for this project :-)

I'm starting to get a little worried about feature creep, so I have a
proposal:  Lets address the issue of how to make views global in a
subsequent 2.1 release.  In the mean time, I'll make the name attribute
default to the ref so that <view ref="loginRequired"/> can be used,
which is a little shorter.  I will also add the ability to specify an
XSL for transforming the configuration before load.

I'll get these features implemented RSN and launch another beta.  When
the manual is complete(ish), and there are no obvious outstanding bugs,
we'll do the formal 2.0 release.  Everything else gets slated for 2.1.

Sound good?

(this doesn't mean that the discussion should stop :-)

Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]