> From: jim moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> yep--that's the problem. out of curiosity, why was it deprecated?

The goal was to make it easier to add controller factories in the future
without breaking backwards compatibility.  One day we might want to be
able to specify a type attribute on the <controller> element.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it is currently possible to define
Struts-like Actions using the SingletonController.  It's necessary to
use the <controller> element so that the child elements can be used as
configuration like this:

<controller class="my.singleton.Controller">
  <bean class="my.form.Bean"/>
  <method name="executeThisMethod"/>
</controller>

Of course, nobody I know has actually built a base ControllerSingleton
yet...

> though now with the possibility of xsl transformation of maverick.xml
via
> configTransform i guess i could still do it this way and let xsl take
care
> of it. BTW, i think the idea of allowing xsl transform on the config
file
> is
> a great idea.

Yup.  I'm almost inclined to think it worthwhile to reexamine a number
of the alternative syntaxes.  I'm hesitant to force people to use the
XSL mechanism, though.

Jeff Schnitzer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]