A few questions, before I post the error message. I used Maverick
2.0bx last year with Resin to great success (although the project was
never used) I'm now at a new job, and installing Maverick. I've run
into a few issues and had a few comments.

1) the old XSLT version of the friendbook is no longer distributed,
I'm guessing it as never converted to 2.0. I think it would be useful
to have the two versions of the application to show how Maverick
works with XSLT and JSP.. we'll be using XSLT and I have no simple
samples for people to review.

2) The JSP version now uses tags, and seems to rely upon Tomcat
heavily, as I can get the JSP sample running under Tomcat. But under
Resin and JRun I get the error below. I've upgraded to JDK 1.4 and
downloaded the entire set of jakarta jslt libraries. but to no avail.
Any suggestions?

3) In conjunction with the above, it would be handy to identify all
jars/classes necessary for Maverick alone (including versions) and
what is necessary to run the samples.

Just some thoughts... I appreciate the work that has gone into
Maverick, and think it would be easier for new users if we could do
some of the above.

Regards,

Barrie

ERROR BELOW (from Resin... JRun is similar)
----------

500 Servlet Exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: In <expr>, attribute value="$dest"
didnt evaluate successfully, but there was no "default" attribute and no
non-whitespace content for the tag.
        at
org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.el.core.ExprTag.doEndTag(ExprTag.java:170)
        at _welcome__jsp._jspService(/loginForm.jsp:18)
        at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:74)
        at com.caucho.jsp.Page.subservice(Page.java:485)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainPage.doFilter(FilterChainPage.java:179)
        at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:288)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:132)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.QRequestDispatcher.include(QRequestDispatcher.java:34
4)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.QRequestDispatcher.include(QRequestDispatcher.java:25
1)
        at
org.infohazard.maverick.view.DispatchedView.go(DispatchedView.java:72)
        at
org.infohazard.maverick.view.TransformedView.go(TransformedView.java:55)
        at
org.infohazard.maverick.view.DocumentView.go(DocumentView.java:52)
        at org.infohazard.maverick.flow.CommandBase.go(CommandBase.java:59)
        at org.infohazard.maverick.Dispatcher.service(Dispatcher.java:156)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.java:8
2)
        at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:288)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:132)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.QRequestDispatcher.forward(QRequestDispatcher.java:21
4)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.QRequestDispatcher.forward(QRequestDispatcher.java:99
)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.QRequestDispatcher.forward(QRequestDispatcher.java:76
)
        at com.caucho.jsp.QPageContext.forward(QPageContext.java:515)
        at _default__jsp._jspService(_default__jsp.java:26)
        at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:74)
        at com.caucho.jsp.Page.subservice(Page.java:485)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainPage.doFilter(FilterChainPage.java:179)
        at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:288)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:132)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.ServletServer.serviceTop(ServletServer.java:937)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:213)
        at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:158)
        at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:140)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

Rockhopper Communications, Inc.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
280 Pleasant Hill Road             http://www.rockhopper.com/
Lewisberry, PA 17339               717 938-1581