Ahh, well, it's not actually up to the container. The HTTP server resolves the welcome page before it ever gets to the servlet container, and there lies rub. =:(

Incidentally, if some of you received my original post on this thread twice, I apologize. I sent it yesterday, and when it never appeared, I sent it again, and now the first one has apparently surfaced. Ain't email grand =:)

-Ted.

Charles N. Harvey III wrote:
The ideal solution is the the servlet container would look through
the config file of the MVC controller you are using.  So, in web.xml
you would define index.m as the default page.  Then your container
would look at your maverick.xml file and find the mapping for index.m
that points to com.mycompany.project.HomeController.  Then you wouldn't
have to have an index.jsp/.vm/.html.

I'm not crazy, I realize how difficult that would be for the servlet
container.  So I would recommend to keep using index files in the top
level directory that point to the default servlet mapping.

Charlie

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ted Husted Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 10:23 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: [Mav-user] RE: Default page like index.m

Here's a patch for the CVS FAQ regarding YAS:

<listitem>

<para>
A third solution is to use a HTML page to redirect to a servlet URI.
</para>

<programlisting>
<![CDATA[

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=./welcome.m">
</head>

]]>
</programlisting>
</listitem>

[Not sure if you can actually have a programlisting in a listitem or note.]

-Ted.

-- Ted Husted, Junit in Action - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>, Struts in Action - <http://husted.com/struts/book.html>, JSP Site Design - <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1861005512>.