Hello Everybody!

We have a hp server with 2 dual core cpus and  16 giga memory

We use VMWARE ESX server 3.01 on this server

We use a maxdb 7.6.0034 database on an virtuell SLES-10 64 bit Linux
server(2 cpus, 8 giga memory).

The linux system is the only virtuell server on the maschine !

Our database parameters:

8 giga data, 4.5 giga cache, maxusertasks 500, maxcpu 2

Our application connects to the database via ODBC.

During testing and training  with 50 users everything works.

We started the produktion database on 1.4.2007 with about 300 users and
run into a performance disaster.

We found, that load balancing seems not to work on the virtuell server.

CPU one 100 percent most of the time, cpu two between 3 and 8 percent
????

Data cache hit rate 100 % !!

400 users go crazy and forced us to build a new server.

Same hardware, same database, same database parameters, same linux , no
vwware !

Now load balancing seems to work. The linux system shows 4 cpus with a
load between 4 and 30 percent. Performance is OK !

Has anyone experiences with using a maxdb database on a virtuell server
???

Is there a known problem with load balancing? Is there a reason, why cpu
one is always 100 percent

and cpu two does nearly nothing?

Any help welcomed

Best regards