Hi,

how do the parameters "_UNICODE" and "DEFAULT_CODE" influence each other ?
The problem is, that we want to have _UNICODE=NO (otherwise we get
OUTPUT column too long error), and the default code for character data =
UNICODE (or at least in some tables we want to have unicode character
data to be stored (varchar(xyz) UNICODE) )
But this is not possible because DBM-Gui offers doesn't accept UNICODE
for default_code while _UNICODE is set to NO.

Does this _UNICODE=NO disable unicode support in general for the whole
database ?
And why has the default setting of _UNICODE changed in recent versions
from "NO" to "YES" ?

currently we're running MaxDB 7.5.0.44 both linux and win2k3server

thanks in advance..GERD..