Hello all,
   i am developing a new app that and i want to use maxdb replication
with it, i have any questions, i hope you can help me.

1) when i have to do any structure change (add a column with alter table
for example), it is replicated? or have i to do with replication units
deactivated and make the structure change in all the clients?

2) If i deactivate the units and later activate them the changes made in
this time are lost? (i refer to all the changes, client and master in a
IN/OUT, if i only have out i know i can "send content to client")

3) I would like to use sequence numbers in the structure (i have the
possibility to use natural keys but any times with multiple columns, not
too much practical), i have tried but when i create the sequence in the
master it is not replicated in the client so i can not use the sequence
in inserts into the client, can i use sequence numbers? what if about
collision, the numbers that in my design can have a collision are
meaningless because i haver other unique columns so i have no problem in
automatically change them in the two databases if i have collision but i
don't  know if i can do it an how.

4) i have not tried yet with triggers, but without foreign keys i am
planning use extensive use of triggers to save the integrity, if i use
exactly the same name scheme, are they replicated? if not, if i add the
triggers with the same name in all clients and the master, would they be
used in propagation?

Thanks by your reply in advance and sorry for too many questions but i
don't find very clear the synchronization documentation.