What is The Negative Ego

Authors Details: Dr Joshua David Stone

Dr Stone has a PhD. in transpersonal psychology and is a licensed
marriage, family and child counselor in Los Angeles. The Authors Web
Site <http://www.drjoshuadavidstone.com/>

Before a person can clear the negative ego they must know what the
negative ego is. This may seem elementary to some, however, I assure you
to the vast majority of humanity, and even Lightworkers, it isn't.

As I have already stated in my introduction, it is probably the least
understood lesson of the entire spiritual path. Since I have written
about this extensively in my first book, Soul Psychology, I am going to
be brief here and get right to the point.

Everyone has an ego or personality which the soul and spirit work
through which is good. The key idea though is that every person wants to
ideally spiritualize their ego and not have a negative ego. The key to
the mastering of this lesson is to understand that there are two ways of
thinking in the world and only two.

This might be stated that there are two distinct philosophies of life
that all of humanity fit into regardless of their spiritual beliefs or
lack there of. Every person in God's infinite universe thinks with their
spiritual, soul, or Christ mind, or they think with the negative ego
mind.

In the beginning, prior to creation and just after creation, there was
no negative ego mind. God didn't create the negative ego mind, humanity
did. It developed as a result of God's sons and daughters coming into
matter and physical human bodies and "over-identifying" with them. In
that moment when the sons and daughters of God thought they were a
physical body rather than a son and daughter of God just inhabiting and
visiting a physical body is when negative ego developed.

This is referenced in the Bible as the story of Adam and Eve and the
eating of the forbidden fruit and the serpent or snake which was the
symbol of the negative ego mind or lower self. These two philosophies
could be called the philosophies of the lower self and the Higher Self.

If you listen to the lower self, you live a "low life existence". If you
listen to the philosophy of the Higher Self, Holy Spirit, the soul, the
monad, the I Am, or the Christ mind, you live a high life existence.

To realize God you must remove your attention from the lower self
interpretations and perceptions of life, and instead keep interpreting
and perceiving life from the Higher Self. Since our thoughts create our
reality, which philosophy you choose will determine what you see. In
truth, you don't see with your eyes, you see with your mind. This is why
Sai Baba has said that "Your mind creates bondage, or your mind creates
liberation." You will have negative emotions if you think with your
negative ego mind. You will have positive emotions if you think with
your Spiritual Mind.

Your thoughts create your feelings, emotions, behavior, and physical
health or lack thereof. Psychological health is nothing more than
maintaining a good mental diet. As the Master Jesus said in A Course in
Miracles, the key is to deny any thought that is not of God to enter
your mind. The key is to be vigilant for God and His Kingdom at all
times and never to go on automatic pilot. Whenever a negative ego
thought tries to enter your mind just deny it entrance and push it out.
Switch your mind like a channel changer to a positive and/or more
spiritual thought. This is the concept of denial and affirmation. It is
occurring literally a million times a day. You are the executive
director of your personality and it is your choice. God and the Ascended
Masters will not do this for you no matter how much you ask. This is
your job.

By denying the negative thoughts and keeping your mind steady in the
Light at all times, the negative thoughts will die from lack energy and
a new positive habit will be formed in your subconscious mind. And it
will become easy to be positive. It is only hard in the beginning,
although vigilance must always be retained regardless of your level of
development. The essence of negative ego is fear, separation, and self
centeredness.

The funny thing is that the negative ego, in truth, doesn't really
exist. Jesus said in A Course in Miracles that "the fall never really
happened, we just think it did"!!! In other words we have all always
been one with God and have always been the Christ, or Sons and Daughters
of God. But if we give into negative ego thinking in our own minds, we
will live in that state of consciousness even though, in truth, it is
not true.

This is much like living in a negative hypnosis, or like dreaming. When
we dream at night we really believe and feel that the dream is real.
When we wake up in the morning from a nightmare we are so relieved and
say to ourselves, "I am so glad that was just a dream." This is what I
am trying to say to you now about your normal waking life. You have been
dreaming with your eyes open, living your conscious life. You are living
in a dream of the negative ego's interpretation of life, rather than
interpreting life from your Christ Mind. It is much like the glass of
water: is it half empty or half full. This simple analogy applies to
every moment of life!!!

There is a way of interpreting life that will bring you inner peace,
calmness, joy, happiness, unconditional love, evenmindedness, equanimity
all the time regardless of what is going on outside of self. There is
another way of interpreting life that will make you angry, upset,
irritable, impatient, moody, emotional, unstable, manicdepressive,
depressed, and sad! This has absolutely nothing to do with what is going
on outside of yourself. It has everything to do with how you are
interpreting life.

One example of this that the Masters want me to discuss on this point of
how to flow with the universe instead of fighting it, is the "Blessing
Method". The Holy Spirit and the Masters would have us bless and give
thanks for everything that happens in our lives. Kind of like the saying
in the Bible, "Not my will but thine" and thank you for the lesson. The
negative ego does not interpret things as teachings, lessons,
challenges, or gifts; it curses and gets angry when its attachments
and/or expectations are not met.

The Christ Mind only having preferences, rather than attachments, is
happy either way for its inner peace is a state of mind rather than
attached to something out side of Self.

Bless everything that comes into your life and welcome adversity as Sai
Baba has said, for everything that comes into your area of influence
happens for a reason and is God teaching you something you need to
learn. This is just one example of what I am speaking of here in terms
of the two distinct philosophies of life.

My book Soul Psychology is a master thesis explaining these two distinct
ways of thinking so I am not going to repeat myself here. If you have
not read the book do get it for I have explained this process in one of
the most comprehensive yet easy-to-read forms that has ever been put
forth in written form. It is kind of like A Course In Miracles made
easy-to-understand.

It is essential to understand that every person on planet Earth only has
one real problem and that is the negative ego. The negative ego is the
cause of all negative emotions, all negative thoughts, all negative
behaviors, all physical diseases, all psychological diseases, all
relationship problems, poverty consciousness or lack of money. In
essence it is the negative ego that is blocking you from
God-realization. Sai Baba says, "God is hidden by the mountain range of
ego"!!! It is the negative ego in all its infantile variations and
manifestations that leaves us open to negative implants, negative
elementals, parasites, negative imprints, etheric damage, etheric
mucous, astral entities, core fear, gray fields, and negative
archetypes. In essence the negative ego could be defined as "imbalance".

Anytime we are getting out of balance it is the negative ego that is
causing it. This comes down to which voice are you listening to? Are you
listening to the voice of separation, or the voice of oneness? Are you
listening to the voice of fear or the voice of perfect love? Are you
listening to the voice of self centeredness, or group consciousness? As
A Course In Miracles says, "Choose once again."

Every moment of our lives we are choosing either God or ego. I challenge
you to make a pact and vow with yourself and God to choose only God and
the Holy Spirit no matter what, from this day forward. This vow is one I
made approximately seven or eight years ago and is the number one reason
I have made the progress I have made in my life. I closed the door on
the negative ego and lower self for God, and made a choice I would never
It consciously" choose this path again. Perfection is not never making a
mistake, but rather never making a conscious mistake. I am confronting
you now with the ultimate existential choice of existence. Do you want
God or do you want your ego which is a life of over-identification with
matter?

As Yogananda said, if you want God you must want Him like a drowning man
wants air. You will not find God being indecisive or sitting on the
fence. Jesus said the whole commandment can be summed up as, "Love the
Lord thy God with all thy heart and soul and mind and might, and love
thy neighbor as you love yourself" We each, in truth, are not a physical
body but the "Eternal Self" living in a physical body. We all share the
same identity as the Eternal Self.

Quoting from A Course In Miracles, "Nothing real can be threatened,
nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God". In India they call
this vow the "vow of the Bramacharya", or the "Vow of Purity". Gandhi
took it and it was the key to his success. The taking of this vow will
move you forward faster than all the ascension activations in all my
books. This is the real key to Self-realization and God-Realization. Do
you see my point now?

Lightworkers have been focusing on the spiritual level and making great
progress but if this core psychological level is not mastered there is a
cancer. This can be healed very quickly for all I am really discussing
here is the science of "attitudinal healing". Just because you have
achieved your ascension or taken your seventh initiation and broken the
wheel of reincarnation doesn't mean your work is done and you are some
God-realized Master. Remember there are 352 levels of initiation to
return to Source at the highest cosmic level and the seventh initiation
although high for our planet is minuscule in the whole scheme of things.
It is when you get to this level the real work begins. If you thought
you were going on vacation after reaching this goal - think again. It is
just the opposite. Much has been given by the Masters and much is now
expected.

The expectation is to, number one, act like God or act like Christ at
all times in all situations in all contacts with people. Secondly, the
expectation is planetary world service. The form it takes is up to you
but this is a requirement to move forward. You cannot move forward
without helping your brothers and sisters in some capacity. In truth,
this is the only reason you are here. There are corollary lessons that
are also required that emanate out from this initial lesson of denying
the negative ego and choosing the Christ Consciousness.

The main corollary lessons are: learning to balance the four bodies
(physical, emotional, mental and spiritual), learning to integrate the
three minds, (conscious, subconscious and superconscious), learning to
properly parent the inner child, developing self love and self worth,
learning to own your personal power at all times, learning to reprogram
the subconscious mind, proper control of sexual energy, psychic self
defense, right human relationships, proper care of the physical vehicle,
and mastery of desire body.

Imbalances in any of these areas are, of course, because the negative
ego programming is still present. Much of these areas I have focused on
in my Soul Psychology book so I will not repeat myself here. My friend,
however had a very good metaphor for balancing the four bodies which she
received from the Masters. They suggested to look at the four-body
system as four tubes filled with water. The water actually is energy,
but it is easier to understand what happens if you see it as water. Many
Lightworkers are top heavy. They are filtering a great deal of their
water into the spiritual tube which leaves the mental, emotional and
physical tubes depleted. This creates imbalances and leakages and a
whole host of problems. The same can be seen in the chakras.

When certain chakras are overemphasized, causing over-activity in some
and under-activity in others, this effects the glandular system and
causes a whole other manifestation of lessons which I will explore in
great detail later in this book. The idea here is to keep the water
balanced in all four tubes. Other Lightworkers may be more mental,
others too feeling, and emotional, some even too fixated on the physical
body. The key lesson is always balance and moderation in all things. All
these issues must be addressed and mastered to truly achieve
Self-realization, and complete your ascension fully. It is kind of like
you can install and activate your seven levels of initiation prior to
really mastering this psychological level, however, you will not fully
"actualize " your ascension until you master this area also. This will
allow you to become a truly Self-Realized being on all levels.

The rest of this book will be dealing with some of the more esoteric and
more refined levels of this process beyond just the psychological level
such as how to clear the negative ego archetypes, implants, elementals,
parasites, negative imprints, astral entities, psychological diseases,
and physical diseases that can develop when the negative ego is not
mastered, cleared and transcended.

One more word that describes the negative ego could be the word
"duality". In transcending negative ego in its fullest extent one has
learned to transcend the world of duality. Another reason this is
important is that as one moves into their ascension and seven levels of
initiation one begins clearing not only one's own karmic stuff but also
the planetary mass karma, clearing on some level the karma from all ones
soul extensions from one's oversoul, and the 144 soul extensions from
one's monad. As one continues to evolve this continues to the group soul
level, the group monadic level, and eventually to clearing on the solar,
galactic, and universal levels. If you haven't done it completely in
your Self, how can you possibly consider doing it on these larger more
expansive levels?

In this most accelerated period in Earth's history we are now receiving
a more expanded and full understanding of what the ascension process is
really about. I think you will agree it is all very exciting!!!

How Do You Know When You Are Out Of Balance And In Balance? On the
physical level being out of balance may manifest as fatigue, on the
emotional level as mood swings, or negative emotions, on the mental
level as negative thinking. Improper diet may be another example on the
physical level. On the spiritual level it may be meditating too much or
too little. A balanced person is a calm person, who has inner peace. A
balanced person has detachment but is also very responsive to self,
other people and life.

Balancing the four bodies is not a point of stillness or nonmovement but
more like a gentle teeter-totter or like driving a car where you are
constantly making subtle adjustments. The balanced person can feel
themselves going out of that subtle appropriate range and will then be
vigilant and make the appropriate correction, within an individual body
or within the entire organism. In a sense we live within a group
consciousness within our own being. We must strike a balance between our
physical body, emotional body, mental body, spiritual body, inner child,
inner parent, subconscious mind, conscious mind, super conscious mind,
our seven major chakras, our Christ Mind over the negative ego mind, our
soul, our monad and our personality.

Each part has a voice and a place, except for the negative ego in the
ideal state, which allows for the full merger with the soul and monad.
All these other parts form a vast communication system within us which
we must stay attuned to, and honor. When we don't, imbalance occurs
which then can lead to a whole host of other problems, like dominoes
failing. One must be right with self, before one can be right with God
and right with other people. Each of us as the conscious mind and/or
president must be like an orchestra leader bringing them all together in
balance like a beautiful symphony, which is called "God realization",
every day.

It is a good idea to do a super quick inventory of all these parts to
make sure everybody is happy. All these parts really want is to be part
of the team. Sometimes they can get a little greedy and it is the job of
the orchestra leader, conscious mind, or inner parent to demonstrate
tough love and be a strong loving president, so to speak, and to let all
these parts know who is in charge. Even though the president or
conscious mind is in charge, the president and whole team is totally
subservient to the dictates of the soul and Mighty I Am Presence. In the
Eastern religion this is called the "satvic personality" as opposed to
the tamasic or rajasic (read about this in The Hidden Mysteries in the
chapter on the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita). It is being in tune with
the rhythm of the soul.

So I say to you now my brothers and sisters, are you willing in this
moment to make a commitment to maintaining this subtle synergistic
balance in service of the soul and monad for the purpose of
demonstrating God-realization on Earth? This is the challenge and the
"Mantle of the Christ", which God wishes us all to put on in this
moment, and to demonstrate as a tribute of our love and devotion to Him
on Earth. Are you willing to dedicate your life to such a noble purpose?
This is the path of all religions, all mystery schools, and all
spiritual traditions. God is awaiting your answer! Before such things as
levitation, teleportation, and materialization can even be approached or
broached this other aspect must be 100% committed to and demonstrated in
your daily life. This has been called in some circles "practicing the
Presence of God" in our daily life. Can there be a more noble purpose
for us all? Is there anything else in the infinite universe we should be
focusing our energies upon?

As the Master Jesus said, "Be ye faithful unto death, and I will give
thee a crown of life!!!".

Kirim email ke