Hello Yury,

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:19:55 +0100 "Yury V. Zaytsev" <y...@shurup.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 08:53 +0100, wwp wrote:
> >
> > another glitch I've found new w/ mc 4.7.0.1 is:
> >
> > I press [ENTER] over a script or program filename in a directory,
> > script execution fails, I get this in output:
>
> I can't reproduce this with 4.7.0.1 from Debian:
>
> z...@mypride:~/bin$ mc --version
> GNU Midnight Commander 4.7.0.1
> Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish
> With builtin Editor
> Using system-installed S-Lang library with terminfo database
> With subshell support as default
> With support for background operations
> With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
> With internationalization support
> With multiple codepages support
> Data types: char 8 int 32 long 32 void * 32 off_t 64 ecs_char 8

Something was wrong in my ~/.mc/bindings:

# Executables
type/executable
        Open=./%f
        View=%view
        Drop=%f %q
        Execute in XTerm=xterm -e %f &
        View Required Libraries=%view{ascii} ldd %f
        Strip binary=strip %f
        Icon=application.xpm

The Open command was culprit here, I replaced the value with %f and it
now works. I don't know exactly where did I get this bindings file
from, it might be very old and might also come from another system, or
I could even modify it by hand.

Regards,

--
wwp