Hi everyone,

As the MCN conference draws nearer, so does our Silent Auction. All 2010
Silent Auction proceeds will fund conference scholarships for MCN 2011.

If you haven't already, please dream up your donations and stash them
away to take to Austin, where they'll be gratefully accepted in person.
Donations may be dropped off at the conference desk when you
register.

Any items new or old, useful or happily useless, that may attract bids
and be carried home on airplanes are encouraged. Exhibition catalogs,
museum bags, clothing, and other souvenirs are always popular. Donations
need not be tangible things--some popular lots have offered half-price
registrations for other professional events, or various free services.

New this year, a category for lightly used and barely abused technology.

We've all got this stuff that usually sits in closets and garages until
it
goes unhappily to landfill.  Quickly turned around it might be just the
gadget that someone else can't do without. That's your personal stuff,
folks,
not the stuff in the museum's closet.

Prizes will be awarded for the item that raises the most money and for
the most unusual item. Show off your creativity and help us raise some
bucks!

<http://www.mcn.edu/mcn-2010-austin> has more news
about this and a wide range of MCN 2010 events.

Thanks as always for your generosity!

Marla Misunas
Collections Information Manager
Collections Information and Access
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
415-357-4186 (voice)

Explore Modern Art
www.sfmoma.org/collections

The information contained in this electronic mail message (including any
attachments) is confidential information that may be covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC Sections 2510-2521, intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above, and may be privileged.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please immediately notify me and delete the
original message.  Thank you