Hi All,

A couple weeks ago, I gave a presentation at the "Books in Browsers"
publishing conference. Making a larger point about e-books' inherent
instantaneity and everywhere-ness, I proposed giving museum visitors
e-books downloads directly from artworks in galleries, with the help
of a QR code and a smartphone. Someone who saw the presentation
pointed me to MoMA's "Talk To Me" as a current example of a museum
exhibition connecting rich digital content of all sorts directly to
physical objects and places.

I know of a few other tangential examples, but I'm wondering if anyone
else out there is doing anything specifically with in-museum e-books
at all? I'd love to hear about it if you are. Or, if you'll be in
Atlanta next week and can chat in person, that would be great as well,
I'll be there leading a workshop ... on e-books.

Thanks!
Greg

And here's the presentation, in two flavors:
video: http://bit.ly/sFRpxv
e-book: http://bit.ly/bib11artbk

--
Greg Albers