The next *MCN Pro Workshop* is on *Wednesday, May 8, 2013* *@ 8:30am PT /
11:30am ET / 5pm UK / 6pm Central Europe*

*Topic:  Social Media Engagement: Defining & Measuring Success*

Museums have been actively using social media for years now, yet we
continue to struggle with how to measure and articulate success. While
numbers like fans and followers are readily available and easiest to
report, they reveal little about levels of engagement or how social
outreach provides value to the organization and helps to achieve its
mission. This workshop will explore the basics of measuring social
engagement, going beyond the numbers and exploring how we can develop more
meaningful, goal-oriented measures of engagement, conversation, and
learning. How can we learn what truly resonates with audiences in the
social space and build upon our successes? Workshop panelists will discuss
defining goals, tying goals to your institution?s mission, identifying what
to measure and how, and communicating success to leadership. A combination
of metrics and evaluation tools will be discussed, the challenges
associated with interpreting social analytics and producing reports, and
how museums are gradually working toward making social success a regular
(and less painful) part of their museum?s reporting activities.

*Hosted by: *Victoria Portway, Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum &
MCN board member

*Presenters:*

   - Jane Finnis, Culture24
   - Sebastian Chan, Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
   - Dana Allen-Greil, National Gallery of Art

*Register TODAY for ONLY $45 (early bird special through April 24, 2013)
at: *http://mcnpro.org/registrations/

See you all there!
eric

-----