We're actually just running chrome in kiosk mode with a few slight
modifications (i.e. make the preferences read-only so it won't complain
about opening last tabs, etc). We can get away with this, I think, because
we don't have a keyboard. The touchscreen keyboard has been disabled, and
I've spent a good while trying to break out of the browser and haven't been
able to. We locked the OS and browser to specific versions and disabled
automatic upgrades so we don't get any surprises that way.

Actually, Bryan Kennedy and I will be giving a 30-minute talk on the very
subject of HTML5 kiosks at the MCN conference in Montreal. I see you're in
NZ and that's quite a journey, so feel free to ping me on the list if you
have other questions I can answer. :)

Nate