From: mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of Cathryn
Goodwin
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 9:14 PM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Cc: Niki Krause; David Wilcox
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] LAM interoperability SIG?

I would be interested as well -

Cathryn

-----Original Message-----
From: mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of Stefano
Cossu
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 1:12 PM
To: mcn-l@mcn.edu
Cc: Niki Krause; David Wilcox
Subject: [MCN-L] LAM interoperability SIG?

Hello,
It was exciting to host a lively conversation at the last MCN conference about
Libraries, Archives and Museums (topics: [1]; slides: [2]). I am happy to see
that many colleagues are interested in tearing down the barriers between
bibliographical, archival and collection records within museums, as well as
promoting the exchange of information and technologies between Cultural
Heritage institutions.

I think the session sparked quite some interest and raised important topics
from many of the participants. I also believe that this conversation needs to
be brought forward.

This mailing list may be a good place to follow up that conversation. I would
love to propose a similar session for next MCN, actually even closer to a
round-table discussion than to a panel.

If enough people are interested, I would also propose to create a special
interest group for this topic. Goal of the SIG would be torefine the core
topics that we brought up at the conference using this mailing list, and then
meet in person at the next MCN with a distilled down list of action items.

Anyone interested in this proposal is welcome to respond.

Thanks,
Stefano

[1] http://sched.co/3tND
[2]
http://www.slideshare.net/StefanoCossu/librarries-archives-museums-discussion-mcn-2015
--

Stefano Cossu
Director of Application Services, Collections

The Art Institute of Chicago
116 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60603
312-499-4026