Thanks so much, all! We really appreciate the additional perspective.

-----Original Message-----
From: mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of Heidi
Raatz
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 7:41 AM
To: mcn-l@mcn.edu
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] Bridgeman Images question

Hi Maggie,

I'd like to echo what Amalyah said so succinctly. Mia has had a terrific
professional relationship with Bridgeman Images in place for ~5 years now.
They represent a selection of our museum's images and primarily assist us with
requests for commercial uses of such. We regularly provide updated photography
to Bridgeman to ensure that our collection is represented via quality images.

We also provide hi-res images directly (and freely) for educational, scholarly,
research, non-commercial uses, including to the museum community for exhibition
catalogues and support, monographs, catalogues raisonné, etc. People are free
to download images directly from our Collection website and many of our works
in the public domain have been shared openly elsewhere on the web (Wikimedia
Commons for ex.).

As Amalyah mentions, image licensing can coexist with open access policies, and
the revenue source is indeed helpful.

Best regards,
Heidi

Message: 7