Hi Robin,
I've worked with WordPress, Drupal, and ExpressionEngine over the years,
and all three have their strengths and weaknesses. A few years ago I would
have recommended EE as a solid contender for a web CMS but the company
behind the product seems to have lost a lot of momentum and many developers
are moving to other platforms.

Have you heard of Craft CMS <https://craftcms.com/>? It is a newer CMS that
picks up where EE left off - it's fast, robust, and actively developed. It
incorporates flexible content management with a solid plugin ecosystem,
including a commerce module and API support. We've been using it for most
of our projects over the last year or two and have had a lot of success
with it.

Happy to answer any additional questions!

Best,
Dalton
__

Raygun