And it was said by Chris Young
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:12:09 +0000 about 'Feature requests'

>>> feature request: please allow to set fetching of headers/bodys per news
>>> group and not only globally.

  I requested this some time back, but I think there are many things further
up the to do list; shame, would be nice.

>> Oh, you've just reminded me of what I was going to request.  Can we have
>> multiple news servers support for each account, please?

  Thats' a good one.

> How about some way of getting to combine multipart MIMEs. Why isn't it
> possible to save out the parts and combine them with something like
> MUIjoin? Are the parts more complicated than a mere dicing up into
> pieces?

 You can, most times the the part you want is 'part 1' of the post so you
could try something like this. This is a very rough script and only works to
RAM: at the moment and you you have the pain of having to 'OK' the
requesters for each part, as the 'ONREQ' option can not be relied upon

-- 8< -- cut here -- 8< --
*/
 $AUTHOR: by Jules <julesATcreate.clara.co.uk> ©2000

 This script should join the parts of a file which has been
 split across a number of messages; I hope and you use it
 at your own risk.

Libraries:
 ixemul.library (v48)
 reqtools.library (v38,1413)
 rexxreqtools.library (v37)
Command:
 Uudecode (on Aminet, search slrn in News/Comm)
(no version string but the size can be 80352 or 20052)

Instructions:
 1) Select but do not open the first part of the file; it must contain
    the the starting boundary.
 2) Run this script.
 3) Enter the number of parts in the first reqester, or if you
    run it from a 'shell', give the number as an argument.
 */

OPTIONS RESULTS
PARSE ARG PICOUNT
IF PICOUNT <1 THEN DO
 USINGREQTOOLS=0
 NL = '0a'x
 CALL ADDLIB("libs:rexxreqtools.library", 0, -30, 0)
 CALL RTGETLONG('2','How many parts do you'NL'wish to join together.',
 ,'Come togerther right now',"_Yes please|_No thank you",'RTGL_MIN=2 RTGL_MAX=99')
 IF RTRESULT~=1 THEN DO ; EXIT ; END
 PICOUNT=RESULT
 USINGREQTOOLS=1
END
IF PICOUNT<2 THEN EXIT
CALL PRAGMA 'DIRECTORY','RAM:'
ADDRESS MD.1
ExtractSelectedMsgs File 'EXTRACTEDFILE'
DO EE=2 TO PICOUNT
 GOTOMSG NEXT ; ExtractSelectedMsgs File 'EXTRACTEDFILE' PART 1 APPEND
END
ADDRESS COMMAND 'WAIT'
ADDRESS COMMAND 'C:uudecode EXTRACTEDFILE >NIL:'
CALL PRAGMA 'DIRECTORY','SYS:'
IF  USINGREQTOOLS=1 THEN CALL rtezrequest('All done.',"Thank you")
                    ELSE SAY 'Complete.'
ADDRESS COMMAND 'C:DELETE RAM:EXTRACTEDFILE QUIET >NIL:'
EXIT

-- 8< -- and here -- 8< --

> How about being able to use different return addresses for different
> usenet groups for those with subdomains or who want NOSPAM insertions?

  Most harvest type programmes can strip the common 'nospam' and 'remove'
type blockers. If I wish to post my Email address to a newsgroup, I put it
in the body of the message 'Jules at what dot where dot co dot uk' whilst
putting a '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' in my news reader, that way I will never
post address on a newsgroup accidentally.

--
Regards

  Jules
--