When updating deployment shares with major MDT releases I typically have done
the following:

1.       Backup your existing deployment share.

Robocopy /e c:\DeploymentShare c:\DeploymentSHare.Backup

2.       Update the ADK/etc

3.       Upgrade your Deployment Share to MDT Latest

4.       Then I run a Windiff.exe on the old and new shares, typically focusing
on the changes MDT made in:

%DeployRoot%\scripts  - Were there any *custom* scripts added or modified that
need to be ported?

%DeployRoot%\Control – did all the apps

5.       I would also create a new Task Sequence for your client deployments if
there were heavy changes made to the client.xml TS Template
(There were no changes made between MDT 2012 Update 1 and MDT 2013 for LTI but
there *were* changes made in ZTI/UDI).

-k