Doh, I knew that. Thanks for setting me straight Aaron!

Daniel Ratliff

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Aaron Czechowski
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 11:35 AM
To: mdtosd@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [MDT-OSD] NIC not loading in WinPE 5.1

Daniel, you’re close but not quite right. ☺

WinPE 3 = Win7 = 6.1
WinPE 4 = Win8 = 6.2
WinPE 5 = Win8.1 = 6.3.9600.16384
WinPE 5.1 = Win8.1 Update (Spring 2014) = 6.3.9600.(I don’t remember, something
greater than 16384)

(I won’t share my personal opinions on this topic…perhaps we can discuss over
drinks at Ignite…)

As for “conflicting advice” on whether to update, here’s mine:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/msdeployment/archive/2014/04/03/understanding-the-adk-for-windows-8-1-update-and-mdt-2013.aspx
 (with the associated similar post for
ConfigMgr<http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2014/04/03/understanding-the-adk-for-windows-8-1-update-and-configmgr-osd.aspx>).
 If someone else is telling you to use WinPE 5.1, I’d be very interested to
hear their reasons why.

Sorry I can’t help with the driver issue, but wanted to clear things up with
this.

Aaron