Hello,

I am receiving the following error when attempting to join a server to the
domain using MDT stand alone. In our environment we have a limitation with
security on the OU that we would like to create computer objects in using an
automated task sequence. Therefore, the computer object must be created first.
We have an automated process to build servers using PowerShell. However, we
would like to use MDT.

Are there any work arounds for the default JoinDomain process that we could use
in this scenario? MDT doesn't seem to like when we create the computer object
in AD before we do a deployment. We receive the following error, "JoinDomain
Failure: The account *may* already exist in a different OU. Retrying without
the specified OU." This is likely due to it doesn't like duplicate accounts in
Active Directory.

The default join domain process with MDT doesn't work for us due to the
limitation we have in our environment. What options do we have to work around
this?

Thank you,

Brian