June 29, 2005
PalmOne Transforms Its New PDA Into a Mobile Warehouse

By WALTER S. MOSSBERG

The compact but roomy hard disk that powers the iPod music player has
finally made it into another small device: the personal digital
assistant, or PDA. And, by adding all that storage capacity, it has
changed the PDA from a mere organizer into a mobile warehouse for a
wide variety of computer files, including photos, office documents,
videos and music.

This week, my assistant Katie Boehret and I tested the first such
high-capacity PDA, the $499 LifeDrive from palmOne -- the company
that, in its original incarnation as simply Palm, developed the first
popular PDA, the Palm Pilot, back in 1996.

http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/solution-20050629.html

Reply with a "Thank you" if you liked this post.