GMail is being flaky as hell about accepting or not accepting email
from the RW server, 173.255.233.133 - sometimes works, sometimes hits
spam, sometimes gets 550 refused (with no particular reason given).
Google doesn't do customer service, of course.

We don't *seem* to be in the email blackhole lists (I see our IP
173.255.233.133 gets 6 DNSBL hits in
http://www.kloth.net/services/dnsbl.php but I go to the sites in
question and they say it's not listed); so the only other hypothesis
that springs to mind is that they don't like email coming from J.
Random Linode VM (and at least one DNSBL does consider that a reason).
Has SPF/DMARC helped anyone with this sort of thing?

What does one do in this case? Is there e.g. a commercial third-party
email relay service that, say, GMail users will get mail from?

- d.