We have an intranet wiki running 1.27 from tarball. I just installed
the previous version of GoogleLogin (0.3.1, because automatic account
creation works and it doesn't in 0.4). So you now need Google Login on
one of our whitelisted GApps domains to read it, let alone edit it.

What we want is to make this available on the public Internet (SSL of
course) so that workers in our international offices can use it, if
they're logged into their work Google account.

This is pretty much the "hard shell, tasty soft centre" security
model. Is this a desperately unsafe thing to do? Has anyone else done
this or something like it?

(We could put basic auth in front of it as well, but this is for the
sort of non-technical worker who this would desperately confuse. We
probably can't lock it to given IP ranges either.)

- d.