By end user in this case I mean any user, not just [Debian] developer who
wants to shape a new system (Ubuntu, Mint etc.). I.e. if a regular user
wants to use a PC for everyday needs - Debian can satisfy many common use
cases without need of making Ubuntu in the process.

Understandable, mobile fragmentation is a bigger challenge than supporting
PCs. Having a clearly defined core is alright, but I was trying to say that
ideally there should be some community driven, open and functional *Operating
System* (for some existing devices), built upon this core. Not just raw core
alone.

There might be not enough people (or no one) to work on it yet, but that's
another question.

Hillel.