On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Arun p das <arunpdas...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How to create a wireless ad-hoc network.
>
>          Network controller is Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n.
>
> According to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Broadcom_wireless they
> have mentioned the brcmsmac driver to be used.
>
> Now MeeGo system is only able to connect to an access point.
>
> To make it into ad-hoc mode I issued
>
>          user# iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc
>          Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06):
>          SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.
>
> where the problem lies does it is with the adapter or with driver? I want to
> create a network of ad-hoc systems

MeeGo uses connman (see: http://connman.net/) for network
connectivity, and Ad-Hoc support in connman has not been finished as
far as I know.

There are some people who have gotten it to work manually according to
a quick google search, but it's likely not working in the current
MeeGo releases without modifications or recompiles.

Auke