Although I wouldn't want to make it my job to trawl the wiki, if someone gave me sufficient rights to block usernames/IPs, I would certainly be happy to use that when I spot some spam. I don't know how possible that is, given that their account is used for other meego.com things than just the wiki.

If it counts for anything, Reggie Suplido recently gave me (amongst others) sufficient rights on the talk.maemo.org forum to one-click delete and ban spammers, and something similar on the MeeGo Wiki would be good.

I assume this is a numbers game - we need to have more sufficiently privileged wiki mods to fight the spam. If we can't muster up enough people to fight this, then I guess the wiki should be made readonly.

Cheers,

John