By graphical tool, do you mean
   Application -> System Tools -> Manage Apps
?

If so, I am seeing some differences between this GUI tool and "zypper
search".   Take XFCE for example, I just
installed everything I can see under this GUI tool for XFCE.   I went to
Terminal and did "zypper search" and there are still many XFCE packages
available to install.

Is there a reason why?

Mark