Hi MeeGo community!

Last week, we had a meeting on the toolchain and also the Application SDK team
had a telco.

As we couldn't finish the topics around toolchain, I want to raise the
questions and gather ideas and feedback
in advance of the next meeting. Especially the collaboration and reuse of
components between platform sdk and application sdk should be considered. This
should fit and support then perfectly the plans for the MeeGo 1.1 (application)
SDK.

2)
* brainstorming "P-SDK+A-SDK=smooth dev experience"
** what kind of cross compiler should be supported
   Here we have already some requirements from a-sdk:
   - Linux (2 latest released version of Fedora 12/13, openSUSE 11.2/11.3,
Ubuntu 9.10/10.04, Debian?),
     Windows (Windows XP? PackX?) and Mac (10.5 Leopard?, 10.6 Snow leopard?)
   - Built from OBS
   - Dev Environment (Qt Creator v2.0 + Madde +sysroots+toolchains) + Runtimes
   -> Q: how to achieve this and/or support his from p-sdk/OBS side ?
   ---> build toolchains/dev envs for * linux distro targets.
   ---> prep packages inclusive complete Dev Env ready to install on target.

** interconnects and usage of toolchain in both areas
   --> OBS-embedded toolchain <-> cross-toolchains for * Linux
   --> possibly building also other targets from same source (mingw? - still to
find out for osX)

** ways to generate/integrate sysroots in MeeGo by using OBS
   - generating sysroots already with obs or using packaging mechanisms to
organize sysroot
     update/management also with package manager
   - this would enable us to e.g. do a complelling dev-env withhin MeeGo itself.

** what could be reused/automated else
   - fetching of additional needed libraries ?!
   - building with submissing to build infrastructure
   - more possible, but off-topic for toolchain

Please reply with your ideas and comments on that.

Best,
Jan-Simon