22. jan. 2012 20.13 skrev Simon Bolek <simon.bo...@arcom-ivi.de>:
> Carsten actually just answered one of my questions - about IVI Mer - that
> there is NOT going to be such vertical in the future, which is well
> explained why in his post here:
> http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/meego-dev/2011-October/484281.html
> nevertheless I would like to ask if:
> - maybe there is an interest for an IVI group in the Mer community? Is Mer
> Wiki the right place for such a group at all?
Yes, Mer Wiki is a perfect place for such an effort - I think you're
definately not the only person interested in IVI/car computers. We are
perfectly fine with people using Mer IRC channels, wiki and mailing
lists to incubate their projects until they've matured and moved out
of the basement :)

> I am not an automotive vendor and do not know any at the moment, but an IVI
> group IMHO would help canalizing ideas, point out reference devices, test
> sample UXs, etc.
> I could offer my know-how in requirement engineering to help building up
> such group.
I'd love to see such an effort being created - as noted, we don't
really have verticals as we want people to explore possibilities on
top of the Mer core, not have any preferential projects, but it's
always good to have projects that other people base on and collaborate
within - such as Mer+IVI efforts like you describe :)

(Also, I'd love to see a demo of your IVI UX on top of Mer at some point)

BR
Carsten Munk