Hi,

I was discussing a bit with timoph on 'eat', the test enabler package
that existed in MeeGo and I wondered if we could do it in a saner way
in Mer. The all-compassing first goal is that we (and vendors) can
make images containing tests and test enablers, boot them and we can
run testrunner-lite running within Mer SDK on the test control PC
(host), against the DUT (device under test).

There's some things related to test enablers needed:
* Device Under Test enablers:
** Hardware adaptation
*** Setting up USB connection or otherwise making the DUT available to
the host with IP connectivity upon bootup
** Core test enablers:
*** Setting up ssh daemon authorized keys to acccept test control PC
host keys on the user (/root/.ssh/authorized_keys)
*** Basic environment (/etc/profile.d/) for common test environment
* Host enablers:
** Need to have a private key matching the DUT's test enablement keys

My personal proposal:
* that we can make test-enabled images for devices easily by adding
test enablers + tests to .ks
** this could be in the form of a kickstarter item "Test enablers" for
core test enablers, and "DEVICE-NAME test enablers" for hardware
adaptation test enablers
** The kickstarter item would add the Test enablers and a %post item
for setting up core test enablers. The %post item would be the setting
up of authorized keys of SSH keys, as the rest can be done cleanly by
one or more package

BR
Carsten Munk