You sound like a wise young man.

Clearly you have better visibility to the local situation there than any of us,
so don't get confused but rather program for the kind of system that you
believe to.

It sounds that in your case the best way to go is to build simple, plain,
server based web apps (standard HTML+ javasript ) that can be used with
OPERA mini (or similar) browser in as many phones as possible.

Tizen is looking that problem space from much more advanced phones
point of view, but at some day in the future your roadmap may come
close to what Tizen is thinking.

Mer, Android and others are ways to build phone system software in
more or less open way, but you don't need to worry much of that if
you want to build apps for the kind of environment that you described.

Br,
//Harri