Hi All,

  Seeing we need to somehow support this story in the same ease of use I'd
like to bring this up for discussion.

  As I see it we could enable the following:

- Use QtCreator for HTML5/JS developer; Since WebKit/V8 is part of the
stack here I don't suppose there should be substantial issues in making
QtCreator an HTML5/JS editing tool if not already applicable as such.

- Support smooth testing and deployment on device through either one or all
of the following:
1. Creator already supports the QtQuick application project, so use this
work and change it to be a HTML5/JS Application very much in the same
manner, replacing QmlApplicationViewer with HTMLApplicationViewer perhaps
(WebKit is great help here).

2. Incorporate a lightweight http server, and through the setup of
developer's Local LAN (same way like setting up Creator to deploy to a
device) when hitting 'RUN' , application is serving on the development work
station and a remote SSH call fire up the browser on the Mer device,
pointing it to the right URL to view the HTML app for testing.

It should be also possible to base upon the work of the Cordova approach
with Android and come up with a IDE agnostic way for deployment and then
allow both users of creator and other tools to add support for Mer HTML5/JS
app dev and testing.

An interesting discussion got started after the San Francisco dev days
which we could benefit I think if we use the opportunity to extend
runtimes, is here
http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2012-December/008425.html
(recommended
read for anybody who wants to contribute here).

Thoughts and feedback?

-Sivan

--
-Sivan