On 17/03/13 11:16 PM, David Greaves wrote:
On 14/03/13 07:44, Simon Bolek wrote:
Hi Marko,

Thanks for the info. Are you going to migrate the users too? Or should we
register with reference to the old username somehow?

cheers
simon:)
It's not feasible to migrate users - the user DB belongs to meego and it's also
very large (MeeGo had lots of spam user registration).

I suggest people register with the same username where possible.

Register at:
   https://bugs.merproject.org/

Individual project owners will need to ensure that they don't grant access
rights to the wrong people :D
If in doubt, ask for help.

On a side note, Mer has *much* less build resource than MeeGo's OBS.

We will need to develop a usage policy and almost certainly will implement some
kind of 'auto-disable' on home projects which haven't been touched for some
days/weeks. (I'm as guilty of leaving old code building as anyone!)

We're also working on git-based building too - essentially point your
project/pkg at a git repo with a specific layout and avoid any need for
uploading tarballs. More details to follow.

David

Will there eventually be a forum as per MeeGo.com (dev & handset sub-forums etc)? Do you (& Nemo) intend to coop with the Hildon Foundation* for a wider dev community/support interface of sorts?

Cheers.
*which has been migrating Maemo x.x-->6.x (Harmattan) infra from Nokia -where possible- to community owned/hosted infra